Click photo to enlarge
Contributed Mari Ruddy, 48, was reported missing from her St. Paul, Minn., home Tuesday.... ( SCS )

EDINA, Minn. -- Mari Ruddy, a woman with Santa Cruz County connections who had been missing in Minnesota since Tuesday, was found unconscious but alive on Thursday, according to police there.

Ruddy has Type 1 diabetes and her family worried that she did not have her pump, insulin or other supplies with her when she went missing early Tuesday afternoon. A missing persons report was filed that night, according to St. Paul police.

Late Thursday morning, a man noticed Ruddy reclined in the driver's seat of her car in the parking lot of a park in Edina, a first-ring suburb of St. Paul, according to Kaylin Martin, public information officer for the Edina Police Department. The man said he thought she was napping but called police when he saw her there four hours later, at 2:45 p.m.

"There's no foul play suspected," Martin said.

But some questions remain unanswered.

"We are not 100 percent sure (how long she had been unconscious in her car)," Martin said.

Ruddy was taken to Fairview Southdale Hospital in Edina, where she remains. Hospital officials could not comment on her condition, but a statement was posted from Ruddy's family early Thursday evening on the website that she was stable in the intensive care unit.

The website, which was established to coordinate volunteers to search for Ruddy and spread the word about her disappearance, first displayed this post that Ruddy had been found on Thursday afternoon: "Mari has just been found unconscious, but alive. We will provide more details as soon as we can. Privacy is requested until more information can be shared. Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts."

Ruddy is the founder and director of TeamWILD, a company that supports and coaches people with diabetes who want to be physically active. She is an avid cyclist and triathlete.

According to her LinkedIn profile, Ruddy worked as a Spanish language teacher at Harbor High School from 1988 to 1994 and was an assistant principal at Aptos High School from 1994 to 1998. She worked at Watsonville High School as a conflict resolution consultant from 1999 to 2001 before moving to Denver. She has lived in St. Paul for less than a year.

Follow Sentinel reporter Ketti Wilhelm on Twitter at